It’s my day off.
Actually that’s a lie. It’s the one day this week I’m not lecturing and can concentrate on my own research projects.
It’s 1.13pm. So far today I’ve been ‘working’ since 8am and I’ve done the following:
- Answered last night’s emails
- Ordered a repeat prescription
- Washed up and emptied the dishwasher
- Sorted out a big problem for the local scouts (I’m treasurer)
- Eaten porridge
- Been to the gym (I have to go at lunchtime because I’m doing a community job tonight). When I came out of the gym I had seventeen new emails!
- Dealt with a visitor who needed paying for something.
- Missed the postman which means I’ll have to go out to the post office in town tomorrow
- Done a ‘big shop’ and put it all away.
I’ve also added a few of things to my ‘to do’ list which include two proposals (one for an exhibition and one to present a paper at a conference).
I’m now sitting at my desk wearing sweaty gym clothes, eating my soup (and wagon wheel) and typing.
I haven’t done a thing I intended to do and I need a shower.
This isn’t a moan
This is a diary…….is a diary research?